You know that annoying “Proudly Power By WordPress” text that keeps appearing on your website’s footer section? Well, my guesses is… if you’re here then you certainly do and without further ado let’s see how you can remove that little annoyance for good!
What Will You Learn?
- An easy method to remove it
- Harder way without needing a plugin
1 – Easy Method To Remove “Proudly Power by WordPress”
The first method is by installing a small plugin, which allows you to easily integrate some coding into your website. But don’t worry it’s super easy stuff and basically all you need to do is copy and paste the few lines provided right below.
You might prefer to use the second method if you don’t want to install more plugins. The fact is plugins are known to slow down your website. Usually, the more plugins you have the slower your website gets. I recommend for you to just install the necessary ones.
But if you’re new to WordPress then you most likely don’t want to complicated things. Just follow the next steps and you’ll be fine…
- Head over to your WordPress dashboard, in the left sidebar choose plugins and press, “add new”.
- Now write, “custom css” in the blank search box and press enter
- Search for a plugin called, “Simple Custom CSS” install and activate it.
- Go to “Add CSS” under Simple Custom CSS in the overall plugin section
- Write the next coding in the blank CSS box
After you updated, refresh your website and you will no longer have “Proudly….” appearing.
2 – The Harder Way To Delete, “Proudly Powered by WordPress”
You’ll need to edit the coding of your website. If you’re new to WordPress then I don’t recommend using this method. You may ruin your website coding, which is never good! Now just follow the next steps:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, search for appearance and under it choose editor.
- You’ll see a bunch of different files appearing in the right sidebar of your dashboard. You want to choose the file named, “footer.php”
- You’ll see all the coding integrated in the footer section of your website. You want to seek a similar line to this one:
Important to notice this coding line may vary depending on the theme you’re using. In this case, I was using, “Twenty Sixteen”
- You want to first save all your footer coding to a blank notepad before you edit anything. You can use Window’s notepad or another text editor for this purpose. At least if you mess something, you’ll still have a backup file and you can easily recover your coding.
- You want to remove exactly and I mean exactly the following coding line:
- Just press update file and you’re done!
If you want to include a copyright to your website footer section then continue reading…
How to Add Copyright to Your WordPress Website Footer Section?
You must go once again to your footer.php file and to where you delete the previous coding. You want to insert the following HTML coding in the blank spacing:
<p>©2016 <a href=”www.yoursite.com”>Website Name”</a></p>
Afterward, update file and you’re set! You should have a copyright in the footer of your website.
If you enjoyed watching or reading this post please leave a comment and follow me om my Youtube channel by clicking here. Thanks!